Thursday, January 28, 2010

Piling it on


I have determined that I am a glutton for punishment. In addition to my full time job, kids and family responsibilities, activities, networking events, taking care of my house and my cat, I have decided to add yet another "item" to my list: a cute, rambunctious, 13-week old puppy.

We picked her up last Sunday - a friend of a friend had adopted her from a shelter in TN (she was transported up north) and was unable to keep her. I saw her picture and I was toast. So here was my first day with Molly...

Wake up at 5:30, let Molly out, feed her, get kids ready for school, take Molly for a walk, get her into her crate, take kids to their 2 schools, go to work for 2 hours, go home to walk/check on Molly. Back to work for a few more hours, stop at home in the afternoon to walk Molly. Go back to work, pick up kids, go home and walk Molly. Make dinner, do homework with both kids, help with showers, make lunches for the next day. Finally, let Molly out for her last potty break.

Is that insane or what? I'm pretty used to multi-tasking but this is ridiculous. It has gotten easier as the week has gone on. I'm hoping we can make it work. As I look into those big brown eyes that are currently staring at me, I realize that I have fallen for her. What am I thinking?

Cheers,
Renay

No comments: