Thursday, May 6, 2010

Motherhood: Wonderful and Tough

I hate it when I have to say that "it's been a while since my last post" but there it is. A lot has happened since my last post including a job change. So I have been busy. But I just read a post on another Working Mom blog that cannot go unnoticed.

Katherine Lewis wrote a post entitled, "Motherhood: Yes, It's Supposed to be This Hard." In her post, Katherine writes about how crazy our lives can be and when that happens, it's easy to feel that our kids demand too much of our time. If only we had more time to do work, chores, clean the house...

It's just at these times that Katherine suggests that we, as Moms, take a step back and reconnect with our families. I couldn't agree more. And she states, "If you think it's hard, then you're doing it right." Even though I think I know that, it's really great to hear.

Sometimes it seems overwhelming, doesn't it? I am on the go from the moment that my eyes open in the morning till the moment that they close (usually around 11pm). But what if it wasn't that way? I realize that I love my kids and I love my career. So I'm not sure I would have it any other way. I just have to deal with my life being incredibly hectic, try not to stress out and forgive myself for the things that fall through the cracks occasionally.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing Moms out there and thank you to all of our wonderful, crazy, fun, frustrating, high-maintenance kids for giving us the opportunity to be amazing.

Cheers,
Renay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful article. For a fresh take on building strong careers and families, check out Getting to 50/50 -- on how men and women share roles with all sorts of good results -- including a healthier sex life. The book also debunks some common myths that cause many moms to back away from their jobs. Authors Sharon Meers (a Goldman MD now in tech) and Joanna Strober (a private equity exec) share their often funny tales of combining work and family. Definitely a book worth checking out. www.gettingto5050.blogspot.com