Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kids, Media and Values

A few days ago, I blogged about the TV dilemma: how much is okay? Which shows are okay? Well, as my kids watch Arthur on PBS, I noticed that they are running educational spots for KidsMediaMatters.org. They are offering up a kit called "Kids, Media and Values" to answer many of these questions. So, in case you are interested, give it a look.

As I review, I realize that I have not even touched on the whole internet issue. Because my kids are still pretty young, that's an issue that I have not had to tackle yet and I hope it might be a few more years. For now, Zach is still focused on his Lego Star Wars game and wants to play it every chance he can. I limit it to one hour per week and only over the weekend. For now, it works but I'm sure all of this will get more complicated over time.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Renay

No comments: