Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Detours and OnRamps Forum

I just found out about a phenomenal event that will take place on March 25 in Waltham, MA: Detours and OnRamps Forum. This is a conference for parents, both working and stay-at-home, who are seeking expertise on navigating the world of work. For working parents, it's about finding better ways to balance work and home life. For stay-at-home parents, it's about looking at the options for re-entering the workforce, possibilities for consulting and/or starting your own business.

One thing that amazes me about this entire topic is that your work life is forever evolving dependent upon your stage of life. Yet most people don't even realize it. I personally have gone from workaholic career woman, to stay-at-home Mome, to consulting, to part-time, back to full-time in an Executive role to being unemployed. That's a lot of shifting. Yet, with each change has come new options and pathways. It's challenging and is something that none of us really anticipated. I mean, if someone had told me when I was 25 that I would be doing consulting work or working part-time, I would have said they were crazy. But here I am and here we all are trying to figure it out.

So kudos to Meghan McCartan for developing this fantastic way for parents to try to figure this all out and to network with others. Check it out and attend if you can!

Cheers,
Renay

2 comments:

Jenna said...

This sounds great! I wish I was close enough to attend. I haven't heard of anything like this in Florida though. Sounds like you've seen a lot of changes in your years, as many of us moms do. Good luck sorting it all out!

PS - I tagged you today in "The Working Mom Experience." Check it out!

-Jenna

Renay said...

Thanks, Jenna. I wish I could attend...I am about to start a new job so you know how that goes. Many changes in the past 6 months. Love your blog, BTW.

Cheers,
Renay