Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Change

It's not a unique title but I have been thinking for weeks about how to write this one. I was laid off from my job over a month ago. I have been wanting to blog about it ever since I found out but as I went through a variety of stages and emotions, I decided to hold off.

My career has always been important to me and, in my most recent position, there was a time when it was possibly the perfect job. That lasted for several years. I was able to build something that was interesting, successful, profitable and career-changing. I grew as a professional and as an individual. I worked with incredible people; we were all dedicated to our jobs and the company and worked for someone who was a true leader in every sense of the word. It was inspiring.

But then things changed. I could elaborate on the details but it would not be worth it. Suffice it to say that I helped to build something great and feel incredibly fortunate to have been a part of it. It took a while for me to get here but with each day that passes, I remember the good parts, the great years. And that's what is important.

And with change comes a renewed look at what we want in our lives, at what is important. I am excited about that next opportunity that enables me to use my experiences, both the good and the bad.

Cheers,
Renay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like I was in a similar position from you - both regarding level in the company, and helping to build it into something wonderful only to see it change and, frankly, fall apart due to outside forces. It was very sad on many levels. However, it was one of the best things that could have happened for me - it allowed me to move on into other opportunities and to focus on networking and activities OUTSIDE of work in a way I never had before. You should always treasure the 'good years' - as I do - and be glad for the experience...but it just means it's the beginning of another chapter for you. I wish you all the best in your job search, and happy holidays to you and your family.
Debbie Millin
(Scott's wife, Millin Four-em)