Thursday, February 7, 2008

Staying organized

As I am finishing up a presentation at 10:30PM and wishing that I was sleeping, it also dawns on me that my son has a movie night at his school tomorrow. I have been dying to take him and was planning to call a friend to see if she and her son wanted to join us.

So now that it is the night before, I'm exhausted, have not called my friend and just realized that I have a business call that may interfere with my ability to take him to see the movie. This is very typical for me...I like to think I am organized but then find that all-important flyer the night before and also forget about a meeting. I'm scrambling and don't want to let him down.

I am committed to trying to get there on time, even if it means that I will have to race home and sit on a cold floor of the gym watching a children's movie. But I will be there with Zack and will make it all worthwhile.

That being said, I am always seeking ways to get more organized. Mind you, I have a planner, a Blackberry and every other possible gadget known to man but somehow, I still have issues with organization. If anyone has any tips or advice to offer on what system works for them, I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe I need to dump them all and just put sticky notes all over my house and office...

Sleep is calling...
Renay

2 comments:

Scott said...

Renay, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from you - male and I stay at home with the kids. Like you, my wife works hard - at her job and at being the best mom. It's good for the kids to see you be both. We use a giant calendar, ordered from thinkbin.com, to keep all our events centralized, but we still sometimes have scheduling "issues".

If you click on your 'profile' and then "Chelmsford", you can see a listing of blogs from our town. That's how I stumbled upon yours. Good luck with the blog!

Scott
Chelmsford

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the calendar idea. And I will be sure to check out the other bloggers in the Chelmsford area. I also welcome your input on these topics. As we work towards launching Working Moms Make It Work, I hope that you will check out our offerings and spread the word.